A Spotted Canary Project by
29 June 2012
Spooky Cat Scrapbook Page: Transform a patterned paper background with spray ink and a hand-cut mask.
- Hand cut bracket from scratch cardstock. Lay bracket on top of orange dot pattern paper and spray with terra cotta ink. Allow to dry and remove bracket. Mat with black cardstock background page.
- Cut blue tile pattern paper to fit across bottom of page and adhere. Add a thin strip of orange cardstock over seam.
Machine stitch as shown using black thread.
- Mat photos with blue cardstock. Ink edges with black chalk ink and adhere to page.
- Spray blue plaid, orange dot and blue tile pattern papers with black ink.
- Cover chipboard tag with sprayed blue plaid paper. Machine stitch around edge with black thread. Punch with hand held punch and add ribbon tie.
- Stamp and emboss cat on orange dot pattern paper. Trim and glue to chipboard tag.
- Spray chipboard letters with terra cotta ink and adhere to chipboard tag. Finish title with marker and attach tag to page using foam adhesive.
- Punch flowers and circles from sprayed pattern paper. Assemble flowers, using brads to secure. Attach to page using foam adhesive.
- Journal on sprayed orange dot pattern paper. Cut into strips and ink edges with black chalk ink. Glue strips to page and machine stitch along one short end with black thread.
- Tips for Success: Make sure to cover your work space before spraying ink. There will be over spray and you’ll want to be sure to protect surfaces and additional project materials.
to comment this project!
Thank you for reviewing this project. Your comments have been posted.