- Download and print the pumpkin face pattern page.
- Select the face pattern and begin placing the beads on the pegboard per pattern placement (or if you’re feeling adventurous, create a design all your own).
- Fuse beads together with an iron. If children are crafting the faces an adult will need to fuse the beads together with the iron (see Ironing Instructions below for further information).
- To hold faces on pumpkins place the 3D-Dots on the back of the designs then onto pumpkins. Faces can also be held in place by a pin or a toothpick. Insert toothpick through the design and into the pumpkin. Cut off excess toothpick once it is in the pumpkin deep enough. Color the bit of toothpick that can be seen with black marker.
- Working on a flat surface, create your design by placing beads one by one on a Perler peg board. Follow our patterns or be creative and make your own!
- Preheat a dry household iron to the medium setting. When carrying the bead design to the iron, be careful not to tip or bump the beads from the peg board! Cover the beads with the ironing paper. Keeping the iron level, gently iron the beads in a circular motion for about 10 seconds to fuse the beads evenly.
- Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Lift your design from the peg board and flip the design over onto your ironing surface. Cover it with the ironing paper and iron the other side to fuse it evenly. Your peg board and ironing paper are reusable.
*WARNING: The ironing must be done by an adult only. Some irons may emit steam. Please keep children at a safe distance.