A Spotted Canary Project by
12 September 2012
From the Smell My Feet: Kids Halloween Party collection – A spooky Haunted House scene comes to life atop the brim of this decorated witch hat. Wear it to greet your party guests at the door, or use it as the centerpiece of your party decor!
- Stuff plastic bags inside the hat to help it hold shape.
- Use foam brush to liberally apply decoupage medium over the entire surface of the hat, including the brim. *Tip: Use a plastic tablecloth underneath to protect work area.
- While decoupage medium is still tacky, bend and crinkle the hat to shape it. Let hat dry completely. *Tip: Use clothespins or clips to help hold the desired shape.
- While hat is drying, cut out each element of the scene from the paper. You will carefully cut the fence, the house, and the tree from one sheet, and 4 witches from a second sheet. *Tip: Make sure you leave 1/2 inch along the bottom of each piece to allow pieces to stand.
- Once the hat has completely dried, start creating the haunted house scene. Fold back paper 1/2 inch along the bottom of each piece and attach to the brim of the hat. To stand pieces up, tape a cut section of the lollipop stick to the back side, and secure to brim using tape and more decoupage medium. The lollipop stick helps the paper to stand up correctly.
- To attach the witch characters along the top of the hat use decoupage medium on the under side and over the top of the paper to create a secure bond.
- Once all glue has dried place strips of orange craft tulle around the brim, weaving it around the standing elements. Use decoupage medium to adhere the tulle to the brim.
- Finish your hat using an orange glitter marker to freehand designs on the hat.
to comment this project!
Thank you for reviewing this project. Your comments have been posted.