Headbands are another accessory just begging you to add crystals! This crochet headband features a fabric flower and sparkling crystals. Add a crystal-embellished scarf to complete the look.
1. Select crystals in a palette that coordinates with your crochet headband. Colors can be tone-on-tone (same colors) or an out-of-the-box burst of color. The crystals also come in three sizes that can be used separately or mixed together to create unique designs.
2. Select a coordinating flower. Attach to the headband by stitching or with fabric glue. If desired, remove the flower’s center embellishment and replace with Hotfix crystals – we used 4mm fuchsia crystals.
3. Select the correct size tip for the crystals being used and place into the Hotfix tool. Read all instructions for the Hotfix tool prior to using. Note: if you plan to mix crystal sizes, you might choose to use the flat tip so that you don’t have to cool down your tool and change tips between crystal sizes.
4. Lay the headband out flat on the work surface. Place a crystal on the scarf and position the heated the Hotfix tool over the crystal. Hold in place for about 10 seconds and lift tool from crystal. Let cool then nudge the crystal to ensure it is fully adhered. If crystal is easily removed, more time will be required to bond - repeat the process, this time allowing more heat time. Once the timing has been established, begin Hotfixing the crystals to the rest of the headband.
5. Hotfix crystals randomly over the headband.